Donnerstag, 6. Mai 2010

This is just the beginning.

Dear friends, fans of Paper Heart Clothing and readers of this blog,

three years ago, I sat in my small apartment in Berlin. It was a dark and cozy afternoon in the fall of 2007. It was the first day of wintertime and I had no idea what to write about. So I wrote about the socks in my washing machine and what I had eaten for lunch. Back then, I was still blogging in German.

Slowly, but due to my graphic design school with increasing frequency, I started telling about the thought of starting a tshirt label. I posted several of the rough and still naive design ideas I had.

It was not until December 2008 that I faced the route that I had already chosen. Over christmas I sat down and created the graphic that would become the very first (now completely sold out) t-shirt for Paper Heart Clothing. In February, the boxes arrived and I was beyond stoked. We had our first photo shoot with great friends Svenja, Mat and Till.

This blog became the heart of my young brand and the posts became more and more related to the things I was doing with Paper Heart, the little steps of progress that I was so excited about. Watching Paper Heart stickers and shirts go out into the world and hearing back from people that I had not known previously but were liking my stuff, was incredible. Like watch your newborn take its very first steps.

It is now one of those spring days that disguise themselves as November days. I am sitting in a different city, on a different computer (though on the same chair). My heart hasn't changed and the dream of Paper Heart has grown into something tangible. The brand-new t-shirts for the upcoming Paper Heart spring line 2010 are piled up to my left, branded and packaged.

This Sunday, May 9th, will see the release of a new very limited line of shirts as well as the launch of the new and improved Paper Heart website, iheartyou.de. The site will have a lot more options and detail than my old one. It will include the new blog. In consequence, this blog has only three days left to live.

I want to thank everybody that was a frequent reader and has supported me and my wacky ideas for Paper Heart.

In order to celebrate the new and to honor the old, I will re-post a very special blog post every day on this blog, as a countdown to the launch of the new site on Sunday.

Big things are coming your way from Paper Heart Clothing.

David

Keine Kommentare: